Reporting to the Director of Care (or designated RPN), the PSW is responsible for providing a comfortable, safe and enjoyable experience for our residents
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Completing all aspects of resident care as outlined in the Care plan and/or as assigned
- Transporting residents to and from their suites
- Recreational activities
- Activities of daily living such as grooming, dressing and bathing
- Meal planning and preparation
- Mobility and transfers
- Light household duties such as cleaning, laundry and washing dishes
- Provision of special functions that have been taught, with respect to the client by a regulated health professional.
- Reporting changes in client behavior and condition
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, residents and families as well as external community resources.
- Demonstrate sound organizational skills and attention to detail.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Use both hands and feet on a regular basis to perform physical assisting duties.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for periods of time.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs. per day.
- Climb stairs, operate elevators, lift luggage and move small equipment and furniture.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Graduate of a recognized (accredited) P.S.W. certificate program.
- Experienced in retirement living, geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care.
- Solid English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields