Reporting to the Environmental Service Manager, the Housekeeper is responsible for performing cleaning, bed-making and laundry services. Duties include but are not limited to, monitoring quantity of cleaning supplies; safely operating housekeeping equipment and utilizing cleaning chemicals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Sort and separate items to be laundered in accordance with community laundering requirements
- Operate washing machines, dryers
- Hand iron and folds or hangs garments after laundering
- Transport laundered garments to appropriate floors
- Ensure proper identification of all personal clothing
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Maintain appropriate level of laundry supplies e.g. soap, bleach, fabric softener
- Observe all fire and safety rules and be on alert for the safety of the residents, staff and public
- Works in a safe manner which abides by Occupational Health and Safety policies
- Clean, mop, wax and polish floors; dust furniture and equipment; arrange furniture in an orderly fashion as directed
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with co-workers, suppliers, residents and families
- Adhere to legislated and Company standards, policies, procedures and practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Lift up to 40 lbs. and push/pull loads up to 50 lbs
- Walk and stand for periods of at least 4 hours per day
- Climb, bend and stretch for periods of at least 4 hours per day
WHO YOU ARE
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous housekeeping experience
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Knowledgeable in Health and Safety and sanitation regulations
- Strong organizational skills Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire
- Must be able to provide a record of immunization for TB test upon hire
- Must be able to provide a police check with vulnerable sector screen upon hire
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields