As a PSW, you will provide personal support and homemaking services to individuals and families in the home. You will collaborate with all members of the health care team to meet the needs of individuals and attain their optimal level of independence and well-being.
Carefor is committed to providing quality care to its clients twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. In order to accomplish this, you will have the availability to work a minimum of 15 hours per week, and every second weekend. You will also have the flexibility to service clients in different geographical areas based on caseload requirements. Whenever possible, you will be assigned work in your own geographical area, and may be asked to provide service during day, evening, or overnight hours.
- Certificate in Home Support Worker (Level I, II, III), Personal Support Worker, Developmental Service Worker, Health Care Aide, Community Support Worker Basic, Community Support Worker Advanced, Student Nurse or Foreign Trained Nurse
- Secondary school education preferred
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate an asset
- Current CPR level C Certificate an asset
- Household management experience
- Experience working with elderly, ill individuals or children
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in various social and economic environments
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields