Atria Senior Living is one of the nation's leading providers of independent living, assisted living and memory care communities. We serve more than 16,000 older Americans in 27 states by creating a superior product through thought leadership, active aging programs and culinary excellence. Our communities are a hub of activity providing our residents with social opportunities and mental stimulation in comfortable, well-appointed surroundings. Behind the warmth and welcome of our Atria communities are over 11,000 employees nationwide who embrace their purpose of helping older adults have a better life. In return, not only do they have a lucrative career, but they experience the joy of helping others and making a difference in the lives of the residents and families we serve. We would love for you to join our Atria family!
We are currently seeking an experienced Resident Care Director / Wellness Nurse Manager to join our team at Atria Chateau Gardens in San Jose, CA. The primary job function of the Resident Care Director is for the overall implementation, delivery and coordination of resident care services at the community.
- Supervise medical technicians and care giving staff
- Ensure that we are providing the best quality of care to our senior residents
- Adhering to all company and regulatory standards
- Perform assessments of potential residents to determine their levels of care and continually assess our existing residents to make sure their needs are being met
- Implement and maintain an accurate wellness record for each resident
- Supervise the storage, distribution, administering of and discontinuation of resident's medication
- Serve as the liaison between residents and their families, administration and staff as well as with the residents' physician, pharmacist and medical personnel
- Schedule and staff your department while playing a key role on the management team of a successful Assisted Living community.
Resident Services Director Director of Resident Care Director of Resident Services Nurse Manager Nurse Management ADON DON Assistant Director or Nursing Director of Nursing Healthcare Coordinator Charge Nurse Care Coordinator Longterm Care Assisted Living Retirement Living Independent Living Senior Living Senior Living Facility Senior Living Community Retirement Home Senior Care Retirement Community Registered Nurse R.N. RN Licensed Practical Nurse LPN L.P.N. Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN L.V.N. Wellness Nurse Manager
- A registered nurse, licensed practical nurse or licensed vocational nurse licensed to practice as required by state regulations.
- Experience in direct patient care and assessments/observation of clinical conditions.
- Experience in recruiting, training and managing people in the healthcare field.
- Experience at a department head level in Assisted Living or a related industry.
- CPR certified and knowledge of basic first aid.
- Experience coordinating educational events.
- Must successfully complete the Atria Medication management training, and all Atria specified training programs.
- Must complete all state required training to maintain licensure or certification.
- Able to work flexible work hours due to demands of position.
- Position requires driving responsibilities (may use Company provided vehicle and/or personal vehicle).
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily meet and be in compliance with Atria motor vehicle policy standards.
- Able to influence the actions and opinions of others in a desired direction.
- Exhibits judgment in leading others to meet worthwhile objectives.
- Able to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of the issues. Able to use reason, even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Able to define realistic, specific goals and objectives. Able to define task and deliverables necessary to meet goals.
- Able to clearly present information through the spoken word. Can accurately communicate, providing the necessary level of detail even under stressful or demanding conditions.
- Able to relate to routine operations in a manner that is consistent with existing solutions to problems. Conforms to and communicates established policies and procedures.
- Builds and maintains productive, work-focused relationships with team, residents, their families, corporate, regional and divisional resources and within the community.
- Able to work with people in such a manner as to build high morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Function as a role model for staff by being punctual, neat and clean in appearance.
Atria offers a competitive salary, profitable bonus program and full benefits package including 401k and tuition reimbursement.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields