Systems Administrator - Full Time
Our busy office in downtown Toronto is seeking a full time System Administrator. Reporting to the Manager, Service Delivery, the System Administrator role provides real-time operational support for various technologies in Amica’s support offices and residences.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES and KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Provide outstanding customer service and Tier 2 technical support at Amica’s corporate and residence level
- Perform day to day operational activities, server/application administration, system patching and upgrade, backup, MS Exchange/Office 365, etc.
- Performs setup, configuration and ongoing monitoring of office 365 environment (i.e. email monitoring, configuration of security settings, event log and backup monitoring)
- Performs ongoing system maintenance of servers including general server cleanup, minor upgrades, proactive monitoring server health and patching.
- Perform and track equipment moves, adds and changes while track IT assets through the CMDB
- Install, configure, maintain and support PC hardware and software for the company’s end user computing environment
- Manage trouble calls via ticket system(s), telephone, and desk side visits to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware and configuring systems and applications
- Image, deploy and configure desktops and laptops
- Proactively monitor system logs and performance, respond to issues, troubleshoot and identify root causes, develop and implement technical resolutions;
- Creating and maintaining install and configuration procedures/operational manuals
- Work collaboratively with other internal teams, external partners and vendors to ensure all aspects of IT projects and support requests are met;
- Work as an escalation point for the Service Desk
- Ability to communicate technical information to technical & non-technical personnel
- Rotating after hours On-call Support
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary degree in Computer Science or equivalent field of study. An acceptable combination of education and experience will be considered
- 5-7 years of experience in systems administration for a large client-server environment
- MCTS, MCITP, MCPD, MCM preferred, ITIL Certification preferred
- Strong communication and customer service skills with a sense in accountability
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Microsoft Enterprise technologies (Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, DNS, DHCP etc.
- Experience troubleshooting WAN, LAN, and VPN connectivity issues
- Experience working with VMware Airwatch
- Experience with Palo Alto and Cisco devices an asset
- Knowledge of MFA via OKTA is an asset
- Experience working with ticketing systems such as ServiceNow or Remedy
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, in an enterprise environment
- Experience creating Windows desktop OS images using Windows imaging technologies an asset
- What can you expect from us?
- A diverse environment where individual differences are celebrated and you’re encouraged to be your best self
- Collaborative environment where we work together to succeed as a team
- Learning and development opportunities to help you grow
- Comprehensive benefit package including RRSP matching
- Office is centrally located in the financial district, on the PATH and the TTC subway line, and provides easy access to downtown amenities
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields