- Ensure all menu items are prepared and served according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Assure that the presentation of all menu items adhere to established standards.
- Prepare meals on menus and based on nutritional programs and individual plans.
- Ensure the quality of meals in regards to taste, presentation and dietary requirements established by the Executive Chef.
- Ensure quality and safety of food by performing standard and any additional sanitary measures including sweeping of the floors, cleaning of surfaces, as well as proper covering and storage of food items according to standards and procedures.
- Work at efficient and consistent pace.
- Ensure timely preparation of all meals.
- Ensure that each resident receives meals corresponding to their dietary requirements.
- Ensure that the correct quantities are prepared to meet daily needs.
- Utilize kitchen equipment during food preparation.
- Stay productive at all times and prepare for future needs as time allows.
- Demonstrate flexibility and volunteer to fill open shifts as required by variations in staffing.
- Follow proper reporting procedures for accidents and incidents to ensure follow-up and prevention.
- Adhere to all regulations including blood borne pathogens, infection control, use of hazardous materials and fire safety.
- Assure that all food and other departmental supplies are ordered and received in a timely manner so that adequate inventory levels are maintained to support volume or anticipated volume.
- Assist with the training of new employees.
- Serve food in the proper portion size and at the proper temperature.
- Report any infraction in the food services department policies and procedures.
- Arrive to work at the scheduled time.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check.
- You must be able to work with Dogs and Cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level.
- Available on call and in emergency situations.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields