- Administer and manage inbound/outbound mail, including priority post, packages, courier services, and other correspondence.
- Answer and manage inbound telephone inquiries.
- Arrange and attend executive team meetings; take, distribute, and archive meeting minutes and/or diaries.
- Ensure adequate supplies of office stationery, general office supplies, office furniture, and other equipment.
- Assist in the management of building security, such as the assignment of keys and alarm codes for approved personnel and set up and assignment of resident fobs.
- Ensure the office facilities are in compliance with safety regulations, such as local fire codes, handicap access, and other laws.
- Communicate the organization’s safety policies in accordance with applicable federal safety standards and local laws.
- Prepare documents for new lease agreements for move in’s.Maintain Resident Business files as well as all personnel files in compliance with Privacy Legislation
- Monitor assigned payroll activities and/or program components with department managers for the purpose of ensuring effective department functioning, coordination of activities, and compliance with established financial, legal and/or administrative requirements.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of a variety of payroll related documents (e.g. notices for overpayments, payroll register, stop payments, worker’s compensation forms, vacation request forms) for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, meeting compliance requirements, and providing audit references.
- Reconcile account balances for the purpose of maintaining accurate account balances and complying with related policies, practices and/or regulations.
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation (e.g. time sheets, leave time, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring accuracy and adherence to procedures prior to processing.
- Provide direction to personnel, carriers and financial institutions regarding required documentation or procedures for the purpose of conveying information necessary to complete transactions.
- Compile data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. time sheets/payroll, salary adjustments, tax deposits)
- Verify a variety of payroll related information (e.g. time sheets, direct deposits, wage attachments, benefits) for the purpose of ensuring accurate distribution of funds and payroll.
- Maintain a wide variety of payroll information, files and records in written and electronic formats for the purpose of providing an up-to-date reference and audit trail for compliance.
- Create payroll profiles for all new employees. Process terminated employees properly an in a timely manner
- Adhere to all policies and follow established procedures.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable and ensure to follow-up with companies and ensure accuracy of all data entry.
- Maintain collection goals and complete receipts for third parties as required.
- Reconcile customer accounts in the computer system.
- Provide reports to Head Office on Accounts Payable and Receivable as required
- Complete claims, refunds and adjustments as necessary.
- Monitor any applicable warranties and preventative maintenance for office equipment.
- Ensure prompt payment of Accounts Payable and enter updates into the computer system.
- Collaborate with head office as required for the processing of payments.
- Review bills that are sent to the Business Office at your location to ensure accuracy of amounts charged. Assist in coding invoices correctly and sending them to head office weekly.
- Refer complex issues relating to Accounts Payable and Receivable to Head Office.
- Perform assorted Human Resource activities as required, including, but not limited to: orientation, training, meetings and reference checks, maintenance of personnel files, receiving and nothing sick calls and vacation in labour tracking software.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Team Work
- Adaptability/ Flexibility
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Ethics and Integrity
- Mathematical Reasoning
- You must pass a Vulnerable sector back ground check.
- You must be able to work with Dogs and Cats and other animals, allergies or other needs cannot be accommodated.
- Due to our high level of residents with dementia; your tattoos and piercings must either remained covered by clothing or are discrete. Any other external body decoration, including hair, must not be frightening to a frail senior with dementia.
- You must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
- You must be in good physical health as this job requires lifting, sitting, standing and walking.
- Must be able to read and write in English to a minimum High School Level.
- Available on call and in emergency situations.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields