Personal Support Worker
Responsible for providing practical personal care and social support to residents with the goal of maintaining their personal independence, good health and well being.
Hours of Work
1 Casual positions available. Shifts - Days, Evenings, and Nights. Should be available to work occasional weekends and holidays
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Certified in CPR and First Aid required
- Current TB testing
- Current criminal reference check including vulnerable sector screen
- Experience in retirement home or long term care setting
- Exhibits caring and compassion while working with residents.
- Required to provide Police Vulnerable Sector Check upon hire
- Knowledge of memory care and medication administration would be an asset.
- Required to complete Orientation and all ORCA and in house training courses.
- Must be flexible on short notice
- Ability to prioritize, demonstrate flexibility and understanding.
- Ensure that all decisions and actions are responsible and in the resident’s best interest.
- Speaks and writes English well.
- Performs those functions which provide for the support and care of residents with an acceptable standard of skill, with a sense of responsibility and respect for privacy and dignity.
- Assists UCP in the process of observing, reporting and documenting the changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition.
- Implement the plans of care for assigned residents as outlined by the Director of Care, and provides input into care plans.
- Documents as per the home’s policies.
- Promotes comfort and safety for the residents.
- Promotes independence and wellness.
- Maintains effective communication and good human relations with residents, families and staff of other departments, using the appropriate lines of communication.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields