- Serves food to residents according to individual diets and preferences. Observes time limits for meal serving. Maintains foods at proper serving temperature.
- Clears plates and trays, loads and operates dishwasher. Cleans pots, pans and cooking utensils as per procedure.
- Participates in proper storage and labeling of dietary supplies and food, including leftovers.
- Adheres to established departmental policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environment, and infection control.
- Assembles nourishment carts. Stocks unit kitchenettes.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Previous dietary experience preferred in LTC Home 2-3 year(s).
- Must have Public Health Food Proton Course.
- Must have Food Handlers and Food Worker certification from a recognized college.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must have working knowledge of WHMIS, MOHLTC standards, Public Health Legislations.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Must be able to do moderate to heavy lifting
- Demonstrates individual initiative to work independently and as a team player.
- Sits, stands, stoops, bends, lifts and walks continually
- Exposure to hot and cold temperatures and noise extremes
- Working with cleaning agents and chemicals
- Regular stress
- Requires heavy duty cleaning with cleaning agents and chemicals
- Some lifting required
- Working in areas that may have residents with social behavioural challenges
- Working environment has pets
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields