- Provide a high level of customer service and promote a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Work closely with the Executive Chef and/or Executive Director to keep residents satisfied with food and dining programs.
- In the absence of the Executive Chef, oversee the staff and daily operation of the kitchen ensuring high standards for food preparation and service.
- Assign tasks, coach, train and develop kitchen staff as requested by the Executive Chef.
- Creat a strong sense of team work and cooperation among all staff.
- Ensure that all food is received, stored, and prepared according to Company standards.
- Maintain kitchen and food storage and preparation areas in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition at all times.
- Responsible for the overall food quality and presentation of meals according to established recipes and approved menus.
- Assist the Executive Chef with management of the budget for items such as linen, table setting supplies, uniforms, payroll, and special events.
- Assist Executive Chef in menu planning and development based on resident likes and dislikes.
- Adhere to and train staff on standard food safety practices.
- Assist with planning, preparation, and execution of special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- When applicable acquaint new residents with menus, seating, and dining options and hours.
- Attend and/or Conduct Pre-Meal stand up for all dining and kitchen staff.
- Document temperatures of food prior to service, refrigeration and freezer temperatures.
- Prepare and ensure snacks and beverages are available to residents at all times.
- Assist with keeping kitchen floors clean (sweeps and mops) and trash emptied.
- Assist with the transportation and storage of food and supplies.
- Operate and Maintain kitchen equipment in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Assist Executive Chef with in-services.
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Communicate effectively in English with employees and residents, as well as read and write English.
- Basic mathematical skills to accurately calculate food purchasing and adhere to set budgets.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Culinary Training preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a lead cook or chef in a hospitality or healthcare environment.
- Serve Safe Certification.
- Able to read and follow recipes and printed production guides, cleaning schedules, and logs.
- Knowledge of food handling, preparation, cooking and service.
- Able to build positive and strong relationships with employees, coworkers and residents.
- Focused and dedicated to provide excellent customer service.
- Able to work in a demanding environment and juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Accept direction from superiors or other experienced staff.
- Share job knowledge or resident information with others as needed.
- Give and welcome feedback.
- Must demonstrate high standards of ethics and personal accountability.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields