- Plan, implement and evaluate both individual & group recreation programs based on assessed needs and as assigned/ or referred by the Program Manager.
- Set up and clean activity area as necessary and transport residents to and from programs. Monitor the behavior and condition of residents during programs, and report any significant changes to the Program Manager and Nursing staff as appropriate.
- Maintain program and resident records according to department policy.
- Work cooperatively with other departments, residents, family members and therapists for goal development and treatment or recommendation.
- Implementation of program as per Recreation and Volunteer Services Manual.
- Complete resident quarterly assessment and document progress in resident care plan; MDS assessments and required documentation; attendance/participation in team meetings as well as interdisciplinary team conferences/meetings.
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Recreation and Leisure Studies, Therapeutic Recreation, Kinesiology, or other related field from a community college or university or Enrolled in same required. If Enrolled, must complete program within 3 years of hire date.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent documentation and computer skills.
- Working knowledge of RAI/MDS preferred.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience in one-one/ group program planning, implementation and evaluation for range of cognitive functioning.
- Ability to work independently and ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to plan, implement, evaluate new ideas, resident programs and volunteer initiatives.
- Knowledge and /or experience in working with the geriatric population, particularly those with cognitive impairments.
- Team oriented
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields