The Personal Support Worker (PSW) provides personal support and homemaking services to individuals in the home within the framework of Carefor policies, procedures, standards and quality & risk management. The PSW collaborates with members of the health care team in meeting the needs of individuals to attain an optimal level of independence and well being.
- Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate, required
- Current CPR level C Certificate, required
- Experience working with elderly or ill individuals, preferably in a community setting
- Experience in handling confidential information
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbal in English and French
- Good assessment skills
- Ability to take direction well
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to adjust to working in different social and economic environments
- Ability to work variety of hours, days, evening and weekends
- Ability to bend, sit, stand, kneel for short periods of time
The successful candidate will be prepared to commence employment as soon as possible.
Carefor is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity and invites applications from Women, Aboriginal People, Persons with Disabilities and Visible Minorities.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields