Candidates are invited to apply for the above position to work at our Lakefield LTC facility, a 100 bed long-term care facility, located in Lakefield, Ontario.
Reporting to the Dietary Manager, follows established policies, procedures and standards, prepares and serves food for the residents, including the more complex meal preparation for the facility (dinner, sauces, desserts etc.), cleans production area and equipment.
- Reviews regular and therapeutic menus and sets up equipment and supplies for food preparation. Prepares food and nourishments including evening meal following standardized recipes and production sheets. Provides for prescribed diets, including variations in texture. Ensures meals are served on time, at appropriate temperatures and in portion controlled quantities.
- In the absence of the Dietary Manger, decides on menu changes as necessary and ensures that changes are recorded following department procedures.
- Monitors quality and quantity of food supplies ordered, proper operation of kitchen equipment and alerts Manager of problems. Recommends corrective action.
- Directs Dietary Aides in basic food preparation procedures and in serving activities at meal times; assumes responsibility for routine departmental operations in the absence of the Dietary Manager, including staff replacements and service calls for malfunctioning equipment.
- Maintains all required records such as menu changes, delivery receipts, temperature checks; cooperates with other departments to meet resident needs.
- Successful completion and/or enrollment in a Food Service Worker Program meeting the requirements of the Ontario Long-Term Care Homes Act required. If enrolled, must complete program within three (3) years of hire date.Additional qualifications include:
- “Red Seal” certification preferred
- Experience in institutional large quantity cooking preferred
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures
- Ability to read and write English, and understand moderately complex verbal and written instructions in English
- Proven ability to provide direction and lead others within a busy environment.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields