Employee to care for physical and emotional needs of residents in an Americare skilled or assisted living facility. Employee provides residents with direct care to assure quality of life in a home like environment while offering additional support to family and visitors. Maintains professional behavior while functioning as an interdisciplinary team member meeting state and federal guidelines.
Administers personal care to residents and maintains resident’s medical record. Employee responds to a variety of resident needs including answering call lights, bathing, dressing, personal hygiene, monitoring and recording vital signs, monitoring and recording food intake and output, transporting via wheel chair, assisting with ambulation in a safe manner. Included is general housekeeping such as changing linens and room organization. Position includes turning, repositioning and providing proper body alignment to prevent pressure sores and to aide in comfort of resident. Employee is to assist and support professional nurses as requested. Responsible to assist resident in obtaining quality of life in a safe living environment and be supportive to resident’s family members while projecting professional behavior.
Training and Experience:
- Minimal 18 years of age, ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, visitors and co-workers.
- Required to follow HIPAA guidelines and adhere to confidentiality of resident information.
- Position requires accuracy in observation, performance, reporting and documenting.
- Provide support to supervising licensed nurse and administrator or director of nursing.
- Ability to recognize, provide and record physical and emotional needs of resident.
- Possess ability to effectively communicate verbally and written regarding resident needs.
- Possess ability to effectively communicate with supervisor, peers, family members and visitors.
- Maintain resident confidentiality at all times and adhere to resident rights.
- Ability to recognize and follow resident care plan and maintain safe living environment by utilizing safety equipment and communicating with charge staff any concerns
- Demonstrate professional behavior and performance as an Americare employee.
Category 1, possibility of exposure on daily basis. Required use of personal protective equipment
- Provide personal care to residents
- Ability to provide direct physical and emotional care to resident including, but not limited to, personal hygiene, transferring, lifting, maintain records, confidentiality and assistance with activities of daily living.
- Recognize and report in a timely manner any change in resident condition to charge staff.
- Support co-workers by providing assistance as needed or requested in resident care.
- Accurately observe record and report resident care, condition or needs as well as concerns.
- Report in timely manner any accidents or incidents involving residents, staff, visitors.
- Assist co-workers with admission or discharge of residents through documentation or tasks.
- Communicate through “report” to staff on preceding and oncoming shifts.
- Must be able to work independently or with peers to provide care of residents. Must be able to work eight (8) hour shift unless otherwise designated by supervisor. Must be able to provide first aid as needed. In assisted living facilities employee must be able to work independent of direct supervision.
- Provide housekeeping duties including cleaning of common areas and resident rooms.
- Answer phone, greet visitors and provide tour of facility when necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to apply restorative nursing/ therapy techniques to assist resident to their best health potential.
- If designated to transport residents to appointments or activities a valid driver’s license and ability to meet company requirements related to driving.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields