Responsible for administration and leadership of overall operations in community within authority of established company policies and state and federal regulations. Administers fiscal operations, such as budget planning, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, cost control, and rate management. Accountable for human resource best practices. Negotiates and oversees bidding process and implementation of approved capital expenditures. Directs and oversees all person centered care, wellness, customer service, and healthcare related services to meet and exceed our residents and family expectations. Follows established guidelines and programs to consistently meet resident and employee needs. Responsible for actively participating in community functions and events to develop relationships with referral sources to enhance the reputation of our brand and occupancy requirements.
Reports directly to the operations director. The position directly supervises the managers of departments within the community.
Maintains a current state license or equivalent, adhere to state and federal regulations, and assures community guidelines are met while residents are provided with a safe living environment.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE :
- Minimal 21 years of age
- Obtain current state administrators licensure or certification. Meet education and experience based criteria required by state to maintain license.
- Ongoing education to update license and keep abreast of industry changes.
- Possess knowledge of current senior care principles and industry practices.
- Current knowledge of administrative procedures with the ability to assist in recruiting, selecting, and the orientation of personnel as well as to plan and direct work of others.
- Ability to represent the community in its contracts with residents, their families, the medical community and other institutions and agencies.
- Ability to display conduct which must be of the highest professional nature and which inspires respect of staff, residents, physicians and public.
- Over all administration and supervision of nursing home or assisted living community while adhering to company procedures and state and federal regulations.
- Ability to communicate in a positive supportive manner to residents, family members and staff as well as community contacts.
- Demonstrate current knowledge of nursing community requirements through ongoing education
In door with adequate lighting and ventilation, carpet, tile, concrete floors. Outdoors and public buildings for recreational events with residents.
RELATIONSHIP TO OTHER JOBS:
- Supervise directly or indirectly nursing community staff while offering support in a positive manner.
- Work with operations and corporate staff to assure compliance of company guidelines.
(In an 8 hour day: N=Never 0%, O= Occasional 1-33%, F=Frequent 34-66%, C=constant 67-100%)
Full time position. Hours must be flexible in order to meet the ongoing operational needs of the community and may require evenings, weekends and or holidays and being on call.
Category II, possibility of blood borne pathogen exposure but not a part of job requirements. Obtain qualified nursing staff in the event exposure occurs.
If any lifting requirements utilization of gait belt, lumbar support mandatory, and fall lift equipment if applicable. Personal protective equipment required when exposure occurs.
- Meet and exceed the quality of care and life of the elders we serve by utilizing person centered approaches.
- Implementation and management of health and wellness initiatives.
- Responsible for quality assurance programs and resident care outcomes and create necessary intervention and follow through for positive results.
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with residents, families, employees, vendors, referral sources, and company.
- Resolve any conflict or concerns regarding employees, residents, families, internal & external customers with appropriate level of timely follow up.
- Valid driver license and insurance to meet travel and errand requirements, also voluntary transportation of residents.
- Assume 24/7 Òon-callÓ status and be prepared to meet the scheduled and unscheduled needs of the residents, staffing, and community.
- Responsible for ethical decision making with compliance for all operating rules, laws, regulation, guidelines, and programs.
- Perform selection, development, management supervision including coaching, support, and discipline, to meet the needs of the community goals.
- Lead personnel in a fair and consistent approach, provide a culture of recognition, create a sense of team unity, and assure retention of quality employees
- Create a cohesive relationship with Director of Nursing and other key department leadership to assure an environment that supports teamwork, integrity company goals, and programs.
- Plan and execute an effective sales plan to achieve occupancy goals.
- Responsible to develop enough referral relationships to generate enough leads to obtain monthly admission goals of the community.
- Assessment abilities to assure appropriate resident placed in correct setting based on care needs.
- Display professional behavior and appearance at all times.
- Responsible to plan and execute financial plan to meet and exceed budget and benchmark expectations
- Physical plant and assets will be utilized to create an exceptional first impression to meet company expectations to maintain a beautiful, safe, and homelike environment for our residents and employees.
- Consistency with achieving deadlines, reports, and operational follow up as directed through effective organizational process.
- Perform any other duties as specified by operations director.
- Standing: Essential, frequently, indoor/outdoor surfaces, carpet, tile, concrete
- Walking: Essential, frequently, within community outdoor activities, public buildings
- Sitting: Essential, frequently, phone, supervision of community activity
- Change of position: Essential, frequently, sitting, standing, walking, supervision
TORSO & EXTREMITIES:
- Reaching, extend, hand, arms: Essential, frequently, documentation, supervision
- Reach across midline: Essential, frequent, documentation, supervision community activity
- Handling, hold, grasp, seize, and turn: Frequently, essential, documentation, supervision
- Fingering, pick up, pinch: Essential, frequently, documentation, supervision
- Feeling, perceive, attributes of object: Essential, frequently, documentation, supervision
- Crouching, squatting, bend legs & spine: Essential, frequently, supervision
- Crawling: only in emergency situations or emergency drills
- Balancing: Essential, frequently, documentation, supervise
- Kneeling: Essential, occasionally, supervise
- Stooping, bending: Essential, frequently, documentation, supervision
- Jumping: Marginal, not normally required, may be in emergency
HEAD / NECK MOVEMENT:
- Static position: Essential, frequently, documentation, supervision
- Left & right rotation: Essential, frequently, documentation, supervision
- Forward & side: bending: Essential, frequently, documentation, supervision
- Lift / lowering: Essential, frequently, documentation, resident assist, transportation, #50 lb lift,
- Only assist residents to standing, or lower resident to floor #100 lb (push, pull, lower)
- Do not attempt to dead lift residents or support entire weight of resident.
- Lower resident to floor in the event of fall. Utilize two man lift procedure
UTILIZE REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Carrying: Essential, frequently, documentation, supervision, offer support to staff
- Pushing-pulling: frequently, essential, resident assist, support staff when needed
- Stairs-ramp: essential, occasionally, building access, assist residents, transportation
- Auditory: Essential, communication with residents, staff, family member, visitors, peers
- Visual: Essential, reading documents, writing, supervision, general operations
- Verbal: Essential, explain procedures, communicate with others, phone conversations
- Proximity of moving parts: Essential, occasional evaluation of operations, building inspection
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields