The primary purpose of this position is to ensure a quality dining experience by greeting by seating residents and guests, overseeing dining room staff and maintaining a pleasant and clean dining environment and in accordance with current applicable federal, state, local regulations and with our established policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions Duties and Responsibilities
Dining Room Functions
- Assists cooks in daily operation of the Dining Room.
- Provides supervision for special functions.
- Coordinates staffing schedules to ensure staffing requirements are met on a daily basis.
- Assigns wait staff to designated sections and all staff to appropriate side work.
- Ensures smooth and timely opening of the dining room, including the facilitation of the pre-meal meeting.
- Actively assists wait staff and bussers , which includes filling shifts and working on the floor.
- Greets and seats residents and guests.
- Inspects side work and closes dining room.
- Employs appropriate loss prevention procedures.
- Ensures appropriate check control and resident charge procedures.
- Ensures consistently high quality customer service in the Dining Room.
- In consultation with the Executive Chef, hires, trains, disciplines and terminates departmental employees.
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment and the achievement of safe working practices.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Supervisory experience in food service required.
Education: Associate Degree
Willingness to travel: 0 - 25%
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields