The primary purpose of this position is to provide each of your assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services accordance with the resident’s assessment and care plan, and as may be directed by your supervisors.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the nurse, e.g. range of motion exercises, assistance in ambulation or exercises.
- Performs personal care activities including bathing, grooming, dressing, toileting, skin care/nail care, oral hygiene, shaving, dressing, and others as directed/requested.
- Performs household services essential to health care at home including meal preparation/feeding, laundry and ironing, changing/laundering bed linens, light housekeeping and other services as offered.
- Initiates and participates in leisure activities provided for residents. Encourages residents to socialize and participate in planned activities or programs and to develop friendships with other residents.
- Assists in the administration of medications under the direction and supervision of the nurse (per state regulations and facility policy).
- Observes and documents the health and emotional condition of each resident, promptly reporting all changes to the nurse.
- Responds promptly and courteously to resident requests for assistance and emergency pull cords.
- Promotes personal safety and a safe environment for residents by observing infection control practices, following facility guidelines, and reporting unsafe situation to the nurse.
- Assist residents in preparing and transporting for appointments and social programs.
- Assist with moving and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, etc.
- Assist residents to walk with or without self help devices as instructed.
- Check each resident routinely to ensure that his/her personal care needs are being met in accordance with his/her wishes.
- Provide special resident services offered by the facility.
- Attend and participate in in-services as required by federal, state and company requirements.
- Maintain a work environment that is clean and presents a professional image.
- Follow established safety precautions in the performance of all duties.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and accept constructive criticism. Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public. Must be able to work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and potentially hostile people within the facility. Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
Prefer 6 months or more in home care or assisted living.
Some High School
Willingness to travel:
0 - 25%
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields