Bethany Care Society is one of Western Canada’s largest voluntary, not-for-profit providers of health, housing and community services for seniors and persons with disabilities. A faith-based organization founded in 1945, Bethany provides service to more than 5,400 Albertans in over 100 communities. Bethany’s continuing care programs provide around–the–clock professional care and support for people with complex health needs who are unable to remain at home or in a supportive living environment. We work to make a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve, while also assisting and supporting family members and others who are close to them.
In this position, you will provide support to three separate Bethany sites; Bethany Airdrie (40% or 2 days per week), Bethany Cochrane (40% or 2 days per week) and Bethany Harvest Hills (20% or 1 day per week). You will be accountable for the planning, implementation and administration of programs designed to enhance the nutritional care and well-being of the residents in a safe and effective manner. Your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing the nutritional status of residents and developing individual nutrition care plans in accordance with resident and family goals
- Documenting and communicating nutrition care plans
- Reviewing and evaluating nutrition care annually or at the request of resident, family, or interdisciplinary team members.
- Liaising and maintaining effective communication regarding resident nutritional care with the care team, resident, family and food services staff
- Participating in comprehensive auditing activities and ensuring clinical standards are met.
The successful candidate will possess a 4-year Bachelors degree with a focus in Foods and Nutrition from an accredited Canadian University (or equivalent), an active registration with the College of Dietitians of Alberta, and a minimum of two years relevant work experience –preferably one year in a continuing care setting.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields