Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Assistant assists with all maintenance requirements as they pertain to the efficient operation of the facility; all aspects of regular maintenance, repairs, building improvements, environmental issues and fire and life safety. In conjunction with the Maintenance Manager and the Facility General Manager, the maintenance person assists in the safety and security of all residents, staff and visitors.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to;
Regular Maintenance, Repairs and Building Improvements:
- Inspects operating condition of all equipment and logs information daily.
- Inspects alarm, call, and security systems and logs information daily.
- Diagnoses equipment malfunctions in the absence of the FMM.
- Schedules and supervises service work in the absence of the FMM.
- Ensures the safety of the building, equipment, staff and residents.
- Complete general repairs to electrical, plumbing and other building components commensurate with the capabilities of an experienced maintenance trade person
- Sources and prices replacement or repair items by following Retirement Concepts purchasing guidelines in the absence of the MM
- Be available for emergency call-ins.
- Makes recommendations for repairs, replacements, or upgrades to be reviewed with the MM&RCD Regional Maintenance Manager and be involved in facility improvement projects.
- Maintains a painting/touch-up schedule
- Attends to garbage and general clean up in resident and public areas (Exterior and Interior).
- Assists Housekeeping if requested.
- Ensures the safety of staff, residents, guests, and vendor personnel by ensuring all areas of the building and its exterior grounds are maintained in a safe condition (i.e. snow clearing, debris, and leaves, etc.)
- Implements snow removal and de-icing program either directly or via a contractor as directed by company policy such that the safety of residents, staff and visitors is not compromised
- Oversees the pest control program in the absence of the MM
- Maintains organized and safe work and storage areas.
Fire & Life Safety:
- Assists the Fire Safety Director in drills.
- Maintains scheduled certification for fire systems.
- Complies with fire regulations.
- Implements all repair and maintenance activities in a safe manner while abiding by appropriate Work Safe BC regulations
- Implements a preventing maintenance schedule as per the Computerized Maintenance Management System under the direction of the Manager Loss Prevention Programs
- Maintains a log entry of daily routines, general repairs, scheduled, and non-scheduled maintenance items on all equipment.
- Prioritizes maintenance requests and scheduled work load so the work can be performed in an efficient manner.
- Provides support or instruction to staff that may be operating the facility’s equipment
- Implements programs which conserve and save energy for lighting and other equipment..
- Takes initiatives in gaining knowledge and skill relating to the maintenance position.
- Participates in facility events.
- Always maintains a neat appearance and be attired in clean, safe and presentable clothing.
- Rubber-soled, steel-toed safety shoes when needed
- A basic knowledge of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, heating systems and gardening.
- A basic level of computer experience/knowledge at a minimum.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and precautions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A demonstrated ability to organize a schedule of maintenance and workload planning.
- A demonstrated ability to maintain a checklist record of maintenance routines.
- An ability to communicate professionally with residents, staff, and visitors.
- Be pleasant and courteous to staff, residents, and visitors.
- Assist the staff and management to operate the facility in a safe and efficient manner.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields