- Creates and maintains a welcoming customer atmosphere in the dining room.
- Provides direction, leadership and supervision to all Servers, across communities, including hiring, training, performance reviews and dealing with issues and/or conflict that arises.
- Oversees the work schedules, job duty updates and vacation requests of dining room staff to ensure all shifts are staffed as required.
- Accounts for all residents at all meal times and reports any unexplained absences to the Community Resident Manager or Community Resident Assistant Manager.
- Communicates with and resolves feedback from residents regarding any serving or food quality issues and advises the Food Services Manager, Community Resident or Community Resident Assistant Manager.
- Oversees and ensures the dining areas are cleaned to Silvera standards (Policy #4.60) and ASCHA Lodge Minimum Standards of Operation.
- Required to assist in daily serving responsibilities of coffee/tea service if the department is short-staffed.
- Participates in and promotes the Health and Safety program including responsibility for updating MSDS sheets and ensuring safe work practices are developed and followed.
- Reports any unsafe work conditions to the Food Services Manager or Maintenance.
- Handles emergency procedures and act accordingly when required.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of special events.
- Attends various committees as requested by Silvera, and participates in Supported Living Accommodation Standards as required.
- Full-Time Hours
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Work skills training
To be successful you must possess:
- Flexibility in hours (available from 7 AM to 7 PM, 7 days a week) on a rotating schedule of working every other weekend
- Flexbility in work at different sites in Calgary as needed
- Supervisory experience in a catering, restaurant, or institutional environment with a focus on front of house
- Experience training and developing staff
- Strong customer service focus and solid experience dealing with customer issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and proven ability to motivate others
- Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills
- Genuine interest and commitment to work with seniors
- Computer literate (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields