Regal Lifestyle Communities is seeking an energetic, motivated individual to fill the role of Assistant Director of Care at its Valley Stream Retirement Community located in Ottawa, Ontario. This is an excellent opportunity for the successful candidates to participate as members of the management team and to ensure the residents enjoy a lifestyle and exceptional quality of care.
The successful candidate will be responsible for areas including:
- Ensuring that residents receive care to meet their needs;
- Completing paperwork necessary for the move-in and move-out of a resident, and on-going documentation;
- Effectively uses the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating to provide high quality nursing care to the residents;
- Establishes priorities based on individual resident’s needs, scheduled activities and adjusts these priorities and activities to manage unanticipated events;
- Is responsible for the safe administration and storage of medication in the facility;
- Maintains accurate charts for each resident;
- Co-ordinates and/or carries out the action plan related to the prescribed care plan;
- Communicates effectively with physicians, pharmacy and other professional care providers;
- All other related duties as assigned.
In addition, the successful candidate will be required to promote high quality care while maintaining a safe and healthy environment for residents, resident families, visitors and staff.
Strong communication skills are essential, as is the ability to provide leadership and delegate appropriate activities to the multidisciplinary care team. Minimum three (3) years of experience as an RPN registered with the College of Nurses and experience within the seniors housing industry are required.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields