Located in Amherst, NS, at Northumberland Hall and reporting to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse as a part of a professional interdisciplinary team within the Shannex Enhanced Care Division or Retirement Living divisions. The Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) is key to supporting our clients in our sites and upholding “Shannex Philosophy of Service”.
As the successful candidate you will work to Full Scope of Practice, provide direct client care, light housekeeping and laundry services, as well, meal preparation and delivery, within the framework of Shannex policy, procedures and standards for clients in our Enhanced Care sites.
Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Assists clients with hygiene needs and daily living activities including bathing, dressing, oral care, skin care, positioning in bed, feeding and transferring.
- Assists with client’s restorative care programs, walking and range of motion.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of client leisure activities on a daily basis.
- Collaborates with the client and other members of the interdisciplinary team in the development of individualized Client Care Plan.
- Prepares and serves meals within our food service department.
- Cleans client rooms, server and household common areas.
- Provides basic laundry services.
- Performs delegated nursing acts according to company policy and scope of practice.
- Documentation according to company policy.
- Communicates and reports relevant information regarding client care or safety to Supervisor.
- Continuing Care Certification or Provincial Personal Care Workers course
- Palliative Care Certification
- Food Handlers Certification
- The ability to work required shifts, weekends and holidays.
The following would be considered assets:
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with electronic information systems;
- Previous experience in working with the clients in long-term care or a senior’s independent living environment.
- Alzheimer’s & other Dementia Care course, U-First training preferred.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields