- Compensation starting at $13.90 for a non-sealed cook
- Make a measureable difference in the quality of life for residents and their families at our Parkland Riverview Retirement Living community located in Riverview, NB.
- Flexible scheduling (no late nights, latest shift ends 7pm)
- Comprehensive compensation package
- Benefits eligible first day of work
- vacation accrual begins immediately
- RRSP retirement savings program (company matches up to 5% base salary)
- Free on-site parking
What you will do:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising & directing the operation of the production kitchen, assigning work responsibilities and maintaining quality assurance. Meals are cook and provided for all three service lines at Parkland Riverview including Retirement Living (Royal Court), Assisted Living (Canterbury Hall) and Long Term Care (Monarch Hall).
How you will do it:
- Consistently ensures food quality, presentation, and service delivery meet established department standards.
- Ensures meals are attractive, the correct temperature and portion size, and that service is timely.
- Follows production sheets to guide food preparation and assist with cost control.
- Assists with preparation of food for special functions e.g. catering, theme dinners to ensure service meets established standards.
- Familiarizes self with the specific needs of each client e.g. diet restrictions, allergies and special requests/accommodations.
- Ensures completion of required documentation e.g. inventory counts, food and equipment temperature and cleaning checklists, security / lock-up checklists as required.
- Completes department audit activities as required.
- Participates in the client and employee incident reporting and investigation process as required.
- Processes pots, pans, and dishware and maintains sanitation dishwasher and dish sinks according to established cleaning guidelines as required;
- Ensures that dress code and appearance are in compliance with the facility policy.
- Follows disposal procedures according to established waste management guidelines for organics, paper, plastics, cans/bottles, non-recyclable material, etc.
- Ensures kitchen appearance meets established standards for cleanliness and organization.
The must haves:
- Minimum two years experience;
- Excellent Time management skills required;
- Ability to read & follow detailed recipes/instructions required;
- Basic food safety training or other recognized food safety certification;
- Demonstrated experience working and communicating with internal and external customers to meet their needs in a polite, courteous, and cooperative manner.
Supplemental Qualifications considered an asset:
- First Aid and CPR certification;
- Red seal journeyman papers;
- Previous experience in working with the elderly in long-term care or a seniors independent living environment.
Great People is a core value at Shannex based on the belief that our team members are the spirit and foundation of the organization. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for team members where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our colleagues are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields