Under the direction and supervision of the Occupational Therapist, the Therapy Assistant is accountable for providing opportunities for the residents to realize their maximum potential.
- Enables residents to perform daily activities and maintain a responsive atmosphere of resident-focused care
- Informs the Occupational Therapist of resident needs and assists in implementing change while promoting a safe environment for residents, team and self
- Participates in the planning and implementation of resident activities and the operation of the department as directed by the Occupational Therapist
- Provides services responsive to the holistic needs of the residents and promotes choice while maintaining dignity and facilitating independence
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus a Rehabilitation Therapy Assistant Diploma.
- Must be able to perform lifts and maneuver/transfer patients.
- Shall possess good interpersonal, verbal, written and communication skills.
- Previous experience working in rehabilitation or continuing care settings with special interest in working with the elderly and young adults living with disabilities preferred.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields