Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager you will perform general routine maintenance for the community and surrounding grounds as well as minor repairs to equipment, painting, carpet cleaning, moving furniture and garbage removal.
- Work under minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Follows the principles of “good customer service”
- Interact effectively within the team, Support Office, staff, residents and families as well as external service providers
- Able to work weekends and evenings if required
Technical Skills & Knowledge Required
- Completion of High School (or equivalent)
- Previous related experience and demonstrated knowledge of basic maintenance tasks
- Good command of the English language, oral and written
- Knowledgeable of the Health and Safety regulations in the Province of employment
Physical Job Requirements
- Work with sharp tools, and in potentially congested work locations
- Walking, stretching and standing on a variety of surfaces for at least 5 hours per day
- Lift alone, up to 50 pounds
- Pushing, pulling wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds
- Bending, stooping on a regular basis
- Climbing ladders and stairs and able to work in confined spaces.
- Moving and re-arranging furniture as needed within safety standards and limits
Hours of Work: up to 39 hours bi-weekly, evenings, weekends and holidays included.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields