- Preparation of meals according to the posted menu and standardized recipes, ensuring that the high standards are executed and respected at all times.
- Strong team member philosophy and ability to work with minimum supervision in a fast paced work environment.
- Ensure that the food services department is meeting the residents’ nutritional needs.
- Ensure usage of seasonal foods, the Canada Food Guide, rotation of stock and other quality principles in the production of meals that meet the specific needs of seniors and special diets.
- Provide leadership support while on duty to the appropriate food services support personnel.
- Assist the Food Services Manager in the recruiting and evaluation of staff performance
- Maintain good working relationships with all staff members
- Operate in a fiscally responsible manner and maintains purchasing and inventory control.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Chef with a Red Seal Certificate or College graduate of recognized food service diploma program preferred.
- Experience in food preparation and presentation in a related work environment. Preference will be given to applicants with leadership experience in a retirement or hospitality setting.
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with good organization and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in quality/quantity food production, the Ontario Food Premises Act, Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Experience in health and safety standards.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields