Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Consistently ensures food quality, presentation, and service delivery to meet established department standards.
- Ensures meals are attractive, the correct temperature and portion size, and that service is timely.
- Follows production sheets to guide food preparation and assist with cost control.
- Assists with preparation of food for special functions, e.g. catering theme dinners to ensure service meets established standards.
- Familiarizes self with the specific needs of each client, e.g. diet restrictions, allergies and special requests/accommodations.
- Ensures completion of required documentation, e.g. inventory counts, food and equipment temperature and cleaning checklists, security / lock-up checklists as required.
- Completes department audit activities as required;
- Participates in the client and employee incident reporting and investigation process as required.
- Processes pots, pans, and dishware and maintains sanitation of dishwasher and dish sinks according to established cleaning guidelines as required;
- Follows disposal procedures according to established waste management guidelines for organics, paper, plastics, cans/bottles, non-recyclable material, etc.
- Ensures kitchen appearance meets established standards for cleanliness and organization;
- Must possess a Food Handler's Certificate;
- Experience in large quantity food preparation and five-star dinner service
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift;
- Clear Criminal Record with vulnerable sector screening;
- Basic food safety training or other recognized food safety certification;
- Ability to work a schedule of flexible hours and shifts inclusive of days, nights, weekends, and holidays
The following would be considered assets:
- Red Seal Certificate;
- CPR & Emergency First Aid Certification;
- Previous experience working with seniors in a Retirement Living or Long-Term Care environment;
“Great People Striving for Great Things” is one of the pillars of our Strategic Plan. Shannex is committed to offering the best environment for employees where everyone takes pride in their work and in the organization. Our staff are committed to service excellence and are supported with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are building a culture that supports the balance between work and personal life.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields