- Collects/receives laundry and sorts according to type, condition and weight. Follows specific instructions for treatment of soiled linens. Separates loads according to classification.
- Washes and dries laundry following instructions for machine operations, designated washing and drying times, etc. Sorts personal clothing or puts aside for repairs or ironing, may iron and mend personal clothing. Folds laundry as required, sorts and delivers to appropriate units.
- Observes operation of machines and reports malfunctions to Supervisor. Assists in maintaining laundry facilities, equipment and supplies. Advises Supervisor of inventory levels of chemicals and linen shortages.
- Adheres to established department policies, procedures regarding quality assurance, fire safety, environment and infection control.
- Participates in facility meetings as assigned. Attends in-service education programs
- Frequent standing, walking, squatting, reaching and lifting of heavy soiled linens but in controlled amounts or with assistance.
- Basic understanding of washer and dryer operations and some knowledge of chemicals used in process preferred.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices and procedures.
- Ability to read and write English and to follow instructions in English.
- Ability to do moderate to heavy lifting
- Must be able to obtain a VULNERABLE SECTOR POLICE CHECK .
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields