Reports to: Director of Care (DOC) Job Summary: Under the direction of the DOC, and supervised by Registered Staff, the incumbent is responsible for providing personalized care and services to residents in accordance with the Resident Care plan, legislative and regulatory requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Completes all aspects of resident care as outlined in the individual resident care plan and flow sheet and as assigned by the DOC or shift supervisor (i.e. R.P.N.)
- Document daily care routines in resident flow sheets, shift notes, and communication log
- Carries out all duties in a safe manner and adheres to lifting policies at all times.
- Communicates with shift supervisor about activities, needs and problems related to resident care and/or safety.
- Cooperates with and assists other agencies providing services to the resident.
- Responds to resident call bells and door alarms promptly.
- Transports resident to and from their suites, recreational activities, nursing office and dining room as required.
- Performs urgent cleaning duties in resident suites on an “as needed” basis.
- For assisted living residents, maintain tidiness of suites on a daily basis.
- Notifies the shift supervisor of any resident incidents and/or accidents and completes documentation as required.
- Participates in staff meetings and mandatory training/education as directed by the DOC.
- Assists with Care department orientation of new employees as requested by the shift supervisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Follow the principles of “good customer service” and ensure that these values are demonstrated in day to day practices.
- Interact effectively with team members, residents, families, visitors, and external service providers.
- Demonstrate solid organizational, documentation and time management skills.
- Be continually aware of, and maintain, the highest standards of professionalism by following the Company dress code and/or wearing the Company uniform.
- Adhere to all legislative, regulatory requirements and Company standards, policies and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited Personal Support Worker certificate program.
- Previous experience in geriatric, retirement or long term care settings.
- Maintains a current CPR/First Aid certificate.
- Basic computer proficiency
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts: days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Lift alone up to 50 pounds, push/pull wheeled equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Climbing stairs, bending, stooping, on a regular basis.
- Walking, stretching and standing on a variety of surfaces for at least 3 hrs. per day.
- Work with constant distractions and multiple priorities in a hectic environment.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields