- Ensures that the food services department is meeting the residents’ nutritional needs.
- Reviews the menus ensuring usage of seasonal foods, the Canada Food Guide, rotation of stock and meeting the specific needs of special diets.
- Knows and interprets facility policies, procedures and practices and communicates these to the appropriate personnel.
- Initiates and provides staff orientation and in-service programs for food services personnel.
- Assists in the evaluation of staff performance to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
- Maintains good working relationships with all staff members
- Operates in a fiscally responsible manner and maintains purchasing and inventory control.
- Strong team member philosophy and ability to work with a minimum of supervision in a fast paced work environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Executive Chef with a Red Seal Certificate or College graduate of recognized food service diploma program preferred.
- Experience in nutritional & food management/preparation and presentation in a related work environment
- Self-directed and team-oriented, with good organization and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge in quality/quantity food production, nutritional considerations for seniors, the Ontario Food Premises Act, Canada’s Food Guide to Healthy Eating and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Preference will be given to applicants with leadership experience in a retirement or hospitality setting.
- Experience in health and safety standards.
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Excel and Word
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields