Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services, the Dishwasher is responsible for the loading, operating and emptying of the dishwasher, in addition to ensuring all kitchen equipment and surfaces are kept clean and operational.
- To load, operate and empty dishwashers, putting the dishes away
- To maintain a clean cooking area, including work table surfaces, stoves, ovens, grills, food storage room and exhaust hood, etc.
- To damp mop floors
- To clean other kitchen equipment such as blenders, refrigerators, dishwashers, etc.
- To perform all duties with cleanliness in mind
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it
- To attend in-service training as required in order to better serve the dietary needs of the residents
- To attend staff meetings as required to be aware of changes in Residence that have taken place
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Must have an empathy for and ability to get along with the elderly and the handicapped
- Ability to understand and follow the proper food handling and storage procedures
- The ability to understand and follow directions to serve the food correctly and attractively according to specified portion control
- The ability to work accurately and quickly
- Able to read and write English
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields