Reporting to the Director of Culinary Services/the Food Services Manager, the Assistant Cook is responsible for assisting the Cook in the preparation and delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees.
- To prepare and/or be responsible for the preparation/delivery of all foods for residents, guests and employees;
- To review menus and production sheets before preparing meals and prepare and serve them properly and attractively;
- To ensure use of proper food handling techniques;
- To complete daily temperature audits for fridge, freezers and storerooms and record findings on daily audit form;
- To prepare and serve foods for therapeutic /specialty diets according to planned menus;
- To assist in serving meals, following resident’s diet and food preferences using proper portion sizes;
- To make menu substitutions as necessary and record these in designated place;
- To follow daily production charts, standardized recipes and daily composite menus, while working within a set budget
- To assist in receiving and storing incoming food and supplies;
- To participate actively in planning/preparing special occasion and theme meal days;
- To attend department and facility staff meetings, in-services and other necessary training sessions;
- To be aware of the Resident Rights & Responsibilities and endeavor to respect and promote it;
- To participate in the Quality Improvement Program;
- To follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe job procedures;
- To uphold and promote the organization’s values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in Revera’s Code of Conduct;
- To complete all other tasks as assigned.
- Must possess a Food Handler's Certificate;
- Red Seal Certificate preferred;
- Must have experience in large quantity food preparation, preferably in a healthcare or retirement setting;
- Must be knowledgeable of the Provincial Food Premises Regulation and Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating;
- Must have knowledge of and experience with special and therapeutic diets;
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand for majority of shift;
- Proficiency in a second language is considered an asset.
- Current (within 6 months) Vulnerable Position/Sector Screening (VPS).
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields