The PSW or DSW provides personal care and health maintenance to individuals and families in the home setting within the framework of VON philosophy, policies, procedures and standards, in community health care.
This position is eligible for the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care's Personal Support Worker (PSW) Wage Enhancement Initiative for direct patient/client care.
We currently have several shifts available and so scheduling will be discussed with candidates during the application process based upon a candidate's availability and program/business needs.
The successful candidate will collaborate with other health care team members where and when appropriate. At all times, they will follow an established plan of care and delegation of procedures that meets the needs of the individual and family.
PSWs hired for VON Middlesex-Elgin may be required to work in multiple programs.
- Personal Support Worker certification or Developmental Services Worker diploma is mandatory
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches course completion an asset
- Fundamentals of Palliative Care - Level I completion is preferred
- Current CPR and First Aid certification will be requested
- Pediatric experience is an asset
- Household management experience
- Experience working with elderly or ill individuals
- Awareness of community resources
- Must be able to communicate well, both written and verbal
- Good assessment skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team, take direction well and work independently
Must have personal vehicle and possess both a current driver's license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Attention to detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Hand movements.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields