The Position. We’re looking for a Concierge. The Resident and Guest Attendant – Concierge acts as the first point of contact for guests of the community and is responsible for providing confidential clerical and receptionist duties associated with the daily operation of the retirement residence in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with the policies and procedures of Seasons Retirement Communities.
- We offer complete training to right fit candidates.
- Group discounts on home & auto insurance
- Corporate discounts for Goodlife Fitness memberships
Qualifications or Skills Required:
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of office procedures
- Empathy for and understanding of the needs of the elderly and/or disabled
- Ability to relate to all levels of staff, the residents and their families, and other professionals with a high degree of patience and tolerance
- Strong communication skills; both oral and written
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with residents, service team members and guests.
- Successful completion of secondary school or recognized equivalent;
- Relative equivalent professional experience
- Provide initial face-to-face and telephone contact with visitors.
- Provide direction to visitors and callers
- Provide support to the General Manager for public relations, service team member relations and resident care aspects of the operation of the community
- Participates as a member of the business services team and provides support to the other members of the resident and guest services teams
- Answers telephone, greets visitors, and receives routine inquiries in person and by phone, relaying calls and messages to the appropriate service team members
- Receives incoming mail and co-ordinates distribution, and process’ outgoing mail
- Maintains departmental files and records, including correspondence, forms, and routine office records and reports
- Maintains work and storage areas in a clean, safe and sanitary manner
- Provides services and interacts with residents and resident family members in a professional manner
- Informs Management of residents’ concerns and issues in a timely and effective manner
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with residents and guests in order to determine individual needs, resolve issues or concerns, and evaluate resident satisfaction
- Develops and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with colleagues and residents
- All other duties as assigned
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields