The Physiotherapist (PT) is responsible to provide therapy services to individuals in the community within the framework of VON policies, procedures, standards, and quality and risk management. The PT works collaboratively with a Therapy Assistant to provide therapy services using an innovative care delivery model and a cutting edge electronic monitoring system.
Demonstrates knowledge, skills and attitudes as outlined in the Essential Competency Profile for Physiotherapists that will provide a safe and evidence informed practice.
- Consults with the patient to obtain information about their health, associated history, previous health interventions and outcomes
- Collects assessment information relevant to client's needs and physiotherapy practice
- Analyzes assessment findings to establish a physiotherapy diagnosis and prognosis
- Develops and recommends a plan of care with the patient/family and health care team.
- Directs the physiotherapist assistant to implement the patient's care plan
- Ongoing, in collaboration with the physiotherapist assistant monitors patient outcomes and progression towards therapy goals
- Modifies the patient's care plan as required based on patient outcomes
- Documents patient outcomes and current care plan in the electronic patient chart for the interdisciplinary team
- Communicates with interdisciplinary team as required regarding patient outcomes and status changes (for example most responsible physician).
- Masters in Physiotherapy (or degree prepared physiotherapy education)
- Valid registered with the College of Physiotherapy of Ontario and associated liability insurance
- Member with the Ontario Physiotherapy Association (preferred)
- Recently demonstrated knowledge of stroke best practices in their practice (preferred)
- Recently demonstrated knowledge of musculoskeletal (i.e. arthroplasty) best practices in their practice (preferred)
- Trained in chronic disease management – strategies to support patients living in community
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
- Valid driver's license in the Province of Ontario, use of reliable vehicle, current car insurance coverage as per VON policy
- Current criminal background check will be requested
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry check may be required
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields