A day in the life of a Director of Culinary Services:
You will be responsible for the smooth operation of all aspects of dining services within the Community to provide an exceptional dining experience to the Residents. You will foster outstanding teamwork and motivation and provide strong leadership to your team.
The successful incumbent will ensure that the luxuries Amica promise is delivered to our residents in the quality of the food and service we provide to them each and every day. You will be responsible for the nutritional and dietary needs that ensure the well-being of our residents. As the Director of Culinary Services, you will be a dynamic, customer focused, self-starting leader with excellent communication skills and an eye for detail.
You will also be responsible for all aspects of the employee process including employee development, hiring, payroll administration, and scheduling. As a member of the management team, you will also participate in community operations including rotating duty manager shifts, program development budgets and resident relations.
How do I qualify?
You must have:
- Red Seal Cook’s Qualification Certificate
- Food Handling Certificate
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience in a fine dining service environment
- 5 years progressive experience in a variety of dining environments
- Smart Serve or other approved alcohol service Certificate
What we are looking for:
- Previous hotel experience in a fine dining property
- Strong service orientation with demonstrated knowledge of all types of formal dining room service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; team player skilled with motivating and coaching others
- Proven leadership abilities; approachable and diplomatic decision making style.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Detail oriented, with good organizational abilities
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and respond with a sense of urgency when required
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and electronic systems
- Ability to work in a flexible environment to meet the needs of the residents, including weekend and holiday coverage, as required
Position Vacant Until Filled
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields