- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the work of the staff in the Maintenance, Laundry and Housekeeping departments. Establishes and maintains the standards of quality services in compliance with the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Program Standards (as applicable), Retirement Homes Act and company Policies and Procedures.
- Rsponsible for the hiring, training and orientation process of all three (3) departments.
- Ensures that all Fire and Life Safety Inspections are completed and oversees scheduling, completion and follow up to all fire drills.
- Applies Quality Improvement processes. Manages the performance index of the maintenance and operation of the facility and systems in all areas of the residence for preventative maintenance, life safety, and facility operations requirements and organizes preventative maintenance programs and documentation.
- Ensures the residence is maintained, cleaned and operated and the departments maintain the residence to the standards required for Resident care in a clean and sanitary fashion.
- Responsible to manage department budget, capital program, staff performance, quality measures and Head Office programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Building Environmental Systems diploma from a Community College or equivalent approved related working experience.
- A minimum of 3 years management experience in Long Term Care or Retirement Homes preferred.
- Knowledge, training and experience in: HVAC equipment, computerized building management systems, electrical systems distribution, fire alarm and sprinkler systems including operation of and testing requirements, emergency diesel generator operations, resident call systems, etc.
- Ability to read, write English and effectively communicate verbal or written instructions for staff
- Computer skills including Excel/Word/Outlook.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields