- Makes independent decisions regarding planning, organizing, and scheduling of work.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on business matters and concerns addressed to the VP, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature; determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the VP's Office, members of the Board of Directors and Committees, and internal/external stakeholders, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff and other colleagues.
- Compiles, reviews and analyzes data or information that supports departmental activities, meeting deadlines.
- Maintains the VP's calendar ensuring effective prioritization and preparation of required information while working collaboratively with key internal/external stakeholders.
- Prepares documentation and correspondence, agendas and reports and gathers background materials.
- Prepares meeting packages, attends and records proceedings, prepares and distributes minutes, communicates committee decisions, and initiates and/or completes any required follow up.
- Coordinates travel for the VP including air and hotel arrangements, ground transportation and preparation of materials for meetings (i.e. presentations, documentation, logistics, etc).
- Maintains records systems both digital and paper.
- Prepares and reviews expense reports and reconciliations.
- Supports departmental budget activities.
- Provides administrative support to the senior manager team as required, including event management and administrative duties.
- Undertakes special project assignments as required.
- Interacts frequently with the leadership team to obtain and provide confidential information.
- Interacts with members of the Board of Directors and Committees.
- Interacts with the cross functional team and senior level external stakeholders.
- Post-secondary education in relevant field or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in an executive assistant capacity in a fast-paced office setting.
- Experience working in a Human Resource environment an asset.
- Knowledge of HR procedures and practices an asset.
- Experience working in a health care environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience writing reports, correspondences and other communication pieces.
- Strong proficiency in Windows OS, MS Office Suite programs and Adobe Acrobat.
- Strong aptitude to learn and use computer applications and software as required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a consistent professional manner with both internal staff and external stakeholders and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member to achieve desired results.
- Strong work ethic, reliable and self-directed.
- Able and willing to embrace change and effectively manage stresses of a busy office environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to follow directions appropriately.
- Ability to remain focused and detailed oriented while maintain a high level of detail
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A Vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Ability to speak French is an asset in French Designated areas
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields