What You Will Do
Individual responsibilities will fall under five main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care: Promotes service excellence through ensuring that residents live in a clean facility and that laundry is completed in an accurate and caring manner. Provides laundry service for the facility by washing, drying, sorting and folding laundry within established procedures and safety regulations. Ensures that adequate supplies of linens are stored and delivered to each unit in accordance with established procedures.
- Documentation: Accurate, comprehensive, and timely documentation of routine cleaning and ensures adequate supply of all cleanings supplies. Maintains an inventory of cleaning supplies, and labels all personal laundry with identification to ensure accurate and efficient distribution to residents.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities. Attends and actively participates in education opportunities.
- Team Work: Cares for and actively participates and assists other employees to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care. Coordinates with team members and other employees to ensure that all required cleaning is complete on a regular basis. Communicates any housekeeping, laundry, or equipment issues to supervisor.
What You Bring
- Grade 10 Education
- 1-2 years’ experience with laundry and environmental services
- Able to work effectively in a physically demanding environment
- Able to follow oral and written instructions
- Basic knowledge of laundry and linen and/or environmental services procedures and related institutional or commercial experience is an asset
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields