- Performs a variety of routine maintenance, servicing and repair operations to maintain Home, equipment, furnishings, fixtures, and grounds in proper condition.
- Observes and monitors all areas of the Home for ongoing maintenance requirements and carries out repairs as required. Documents and implements the preventative maintenance programs. Maintains adequate inventory of tools and spare parts.
- Performs mechanical maintenance and repairs to heating and ventilation systems, repairs to kitchen and laundry equipment, repairs to beds, chairs, tables, etc.
- Performs general maintenance and repairs to plumbing and electrical systems such as replacing water valves, clearing drains and removing stoppages, repairing or replacing fixtures, replacing switches, replacing fuses and light bulbs, repairing Emergency Nurse Call and Fire Alarm Systems.
- Performs general carpentry work and repairs such as installing floor and wall tiles, repairing drywall, replacing doors and door hardware, repairing roof leaks, painting and other redecorating tasks.
- Following approval refers problems requiring specialized work such as electrical or plumbing to outside contractors and monitors work performed; provides general assistance to skilled trade persons such as mechanics, electricians, carpenters, plumbers, etc., as required.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures regarding quality assurance, fire, safety, environmental and infection control.
- High School Diploma required or equivalent.
- 3-5 years experience and/or knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems, plumbing, carpentry and heating and ventilation systems. Technical training in building maintenance is preferred.
- Trade Certificate preferred.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50lbs.
- Demonstrate ability to read, write and speak English understands complex oral and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, general public and management.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve effectively.
- Demonstrated computer skills: word, outlook and excel.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to read and interpret manuals related to equipment and systems.
- Ability to work safety, following established safety practices and procedures.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields