Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Follows cleaning schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) as outlined for housekeeping department
- Cleans floors, dry mops, wet mops. Sweeps, disinfects where and when necessary
- Performs emergency housekeeping when accidents occur
- Cleans movable and stationary furnishings and fixtures, dusts, spot cleans or washes, disinfects when necessary, polishes where required, changes slip covers, doilies etc when soiled. Cleans ledges, shelves, vents, etc
- Empties and cleans ashtrays, waste baskets (including relining). Disposes of garbage
- Straightens and rearranges furnishings as directed, Inspects furnishings for wear and defects and reports to their supervisor.
- Cleans bathrooms (private, public, staff). Cleans and disinfects all fixtures, floors and walls as directed. Washes windows and mirrors. Replenishes bathroom supplies.
- Performs cleaning duties according to established procedures in suites upon move-out and prepares for new occupant.
- Washes, folds, irons and delivers laundry as required
- Ensures that effective Infection Control protocols are in place and followed at all times. Increasing protocols when needed ie outbreak
- Performs supervisory duties in the event of fire or emergency during the overnight hours
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications include but not limited to:
- Ability to communicate clearly with peers and subordinates
- Ability to manage their time effectively with little supervision
- Ability to work as a team member, understanding the priorities of others
- Able to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods. Able to lift a maximum of 50 lb
- Able to use commercial laundry and cleaning equipment
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends
- Up to date with the completion of the Safety 24-7 online training program
- Experience in housekeeping duties an asset
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields