- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises the activities of the Nursing Department to provide quality resident care.
- Interprets nursing philosophy and establishes and implements goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains all required records, reports, statistics, etc., for both residents and department personnel in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements.
- Liaises and consults with families/residents, government officials, company resources and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities.
- Assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of the Administrator.
- Registered Nurse with Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical issues for geriatric population.
- At least one year of experience working as a registered nurse in the long-term care sector required;
- At least three years of working experience as a registered nurse in a managerial or supervisory capacity in a health care setting required; and
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills required
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, unionized settings and labour contracts preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing and health care practices and techniques including education
- Effective human relation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields