- Plan, organize, and provide high quality dietary services for residents of each facility.
- Apply continuous quality improvement principles, best practice, and standardization to workflow, performance, production and changes to service and dietary requirements to meet legislative requirements.
- Select, supervise and motivate dietary staff; ensure dietary staff works as a team, ensure high level of productivity and best use of staff capabilities.
- Ensure environment of all food preparation and storage areas meets Public Health requirements.
- Maintain all records in accordance with policies, procedures and legislative requirements, including the implementation and posting of all regular and therapeutic menus.
- Liaise and consult with residents, families, team members, government officials, and professionals in relation to resident care needs and department activities
- Participate in the budgeting process; is accountable for the departmental budget and food costs.
- Current membership in the Canadian Society of Nutritional Management (C.S.N.M.) or a Registered Dietician required
- Post-secondary education in dietary management and the successful completion of a recognized Food Services Program.
- Minimum 2 years dietary management experience in long-term care setting.
- Member of a recognized Food Service Supervisor’s Association.
- Strong leadership skills to direct the work of employees.
- Superb organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Experience managing employees within a unionized setting.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety practices, principles and legislation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Customer-focused with high emphasis on building and maintaining relationships with clients.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields