With a passion for care towards residents, families and team members, the Health Care Aide is accountable for providing outstanding care and support to residents, resident families and volunteers within their designated scope of practice. The Health Care Aide demonstrates responsiveness to the holistic needs of residents by assisting with activities of daily living, promoting choices, maintaining dignity and facilitating resident independence.
What You Will Do
Individual responsibilities will fall under five main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care: Promotes service excellence and is responsive to the residents’ needs in accordance with resident care plans, policies and procedures. Assists residents with all activities of daily living as required, while maintaining the resident’s privacy and dignity.
- Documentation: Accurately and comprehensively documents and reports care and related observations to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in a timely manner. Monitors, observes and documents residents’ holistic needs in the health care record, including the physical, psychological, spiritual, social and emotional well-being of the resident.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, the team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of all resident, occupational health and safety and emergency preparedness and response policies and procedures.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities.
- Team Work: Cares for and works cooperatively with others as an effective team member. Participates with other interdisciplinary team members in evaluating and changing the documented care needs of residents.
What You Bring
- Grade 10 education and Government of Alberta approved Health Care Aide certificate
- Previous Health Care Aide experience is preferred but not required
- Ability to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment
- Demonstrates ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English
- Excellent observation, communication and problem solving skills
Position Number: HCA-CSXX-999
Location: Bethany CollegeSide (LTC and Young Adult Units)
Position Type: Casual
Shift: Various (Days/Evenings/Nights)
Hours of Work/Shift Per Cycle: Various
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields