Park Place Retirement Community in the Ottawa area is seeking the services of an experienced Activity Manager to design and implement cultural, physical, intellectual, educational, spiritual, social and special interest activities based on resident’s
interests and preferences.
As an integral member of the management team, you will report to the General Manager.
You will welcome and assess the interests of new Residents to encourage their participation in activities in the Retirement Community.
You will create a monthly calendar of events with resident input and will log and track resident participation and adjust the calendar accordingly.
You will recruit and supervise volunteers and mentor team members of the Activity Department team.
You will create an atmosphere that encourages innovative ideas from the team and encourages resident participation by effective communication to all staff, residents and their families through a monthly newsletter and calendar of events. You
will also be responsible for providing assistance to the Resident Council.
If you have a zest for life and passion for seniors along with the following qualifications, we want to hear from you!
- Diploma in recreation/leisure studies from a recognized Community College or University
- Course(s) in Gerontology and Activation/Recreation
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Flexible schedule; ability to work evenings and/or weekends as required
- Excellent communication skills
- 3 to 5 years experience
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of program development
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields