The Cook/Chef prepares the food for each meal as outlined on the menu, utilizing the standardized recipes. This individual is responsible for ensuring that the food is prepared in proper manner and presented to the residents in a palatable and appetizing appearance.
- College Diploma, Chef or equivalent.
- Must have experience in quantity food preparation and the preparation of therapeutic diets.
- Must be familiar with the use of kitchen equipment.
- Must have empathy for, and an understanding of the needs of the elderly.
- Must have the ability to speak, read and write English, and to follow oral and written directions, and do arithmetic calculations.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Must be a competent person as defined by the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields