As an Activation Aide your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Coordinating, planning activities, communicating programs, purchasing supplies, decorating, setting up, facilitates, overseeing and assisting residents, cleaning up, documenting, and evaluating programs.
- Actively and effectively facilitating programs in the care community including but not limited to, small and large groups and special events that meet the needs of the residents.
- Completing resident assessments and establishing goals and interventions based on the residents identified needs and concerns.
- Completing documentation related to programming including but not limited to assessment, attendance, progress notes, care plans, and quarterly reviews.
- Seeking opportunities to collaborate with other therapy programs i.e. pet therapy, music therapy, art therapy, and to connect the Long Term Care residents with the community.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in activation, recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a community college or university or current enrolment in a community college or university in a diploma or degree program in such a field.
- Current Standard and/or Emergency First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Food Handlers Certificate is required.
- Previous experience in program planning, documentation, and evaluation required.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check.
Bonus points for having:
- Competency in Point Click Care, MS Office is an asset.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields