As a Registered Nurse your typical day will impact in the following ways:
- Coordinating the development of residents’ plans of care; ensuring safe practices in the areas of assessment and planning of resident care needs; delivery of skilled procedures; medication administration and documentation in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and Sienna’s standards.
- Providing nursing care in the spirit of our Creed, and in accordance with established policies, physician’s orders, and plans of care, within the scope of practice.
- Utilizing sound nursing practices to ensure delivery of excellent nursing and personal care to the assigned area(s) within the Long Term Care Community/Retirement Residence.
- Working with the nursing team to provide clinical care, within depth and breadth of knowledge of the Registered Nurse.
- Communicating regularly with families to inform them of changes in resident health status.
- Providing direction and guidance to team members and acting as a resource person in areas of specialization.
- Providing follow up and support for educational programs offered.
- Identifying priorities, target dates, strategies and interventions to contribute to the individualized plan of care, which strives to achieve planned outcomes for each resident.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- Current registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification.
- A passion for seniors care and clinical excellence.
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Vulnerable Sector Check. Applicable to Ontario applicants.
- All applicants must successfully pass the prescribed Criminal Records Check. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Bonus points for having:
- Two years’ related clinical experience an asset.
- Knowledgeable of MDS. Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
- Ability to work confidently with computers (eMAR, Electronic Health Record). Applicable to British Columbia applicants.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields