Under the supervision of the Director of Care (or designated RPN), and in accordance with Company policies, procedures and legislated standards, duties include but are not limited to completing all aspects of resident care as outlined in the Care plan and/or as assigned; transporting residents to and from their suites, recreational activities, nursing office and dining room as required; assisting with daily activities of living.
- Continuously follow the principles of “good customer service.
- Demonstrate the ability to interact effectively with team, residents and families as well as external community resources.
- Demonstrate sound organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Graduate of a recognized (accredited) P.S.W. certificate program.
- Experienced in retirement living, geriatric, rehabilitation or long term care.
- Solid English communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificate.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
- Use both hands and feet on a regular basis to perform physical assisting duties.
- Bend, kneel, and work with arms raised for periods of time.
- Walk and stand on a variety of surfaces for at least 4 hrs. per day.
- Climb stairs, operate elevators, lift luggage and move small equipment and furniture.
- This position is for part-time weekends only.
The successful candidate must have a current police check with vulnerable sector screen and an up-to-date TB test.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields