- Maintain all aspects of hiring and performance management of departmental staff; scheduling; staff development, including identification and delivery of department-specific orientation and training.
- Supervision of contractors’ work to ensure fulfilment of contractual obligations.
- Preparation and management of departmental budgets; inventory management and control, including purchase of departmental supplies and equipment.
- Maintenance of departmental policy and procedure manuals; full participation in leadership team activities and responsibilities, including participation on teams and committees, and reporting.
- Contract tendering in consultation with ECI consultants, and with approval of Administrator.
- All aspects of management of quality and quantity of services and products provided/ produced by departmental staff.
- All aspects of departmental safety program management, including preventative maintenance, and repair of equipment.
- Maintenance of records, statistics, and reports in accordance with ECI and home policies, and all applicable legislation and standards.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required
- Knowledge of evidence-based practices and/or, if there are none, prevailing practices relating to housekeeping, laundry and maintenance, as applicable
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- Environmental services certificate in a recognised program
- Experience in management of human and financial resources an asset
- Experience in a long term care setting, an asset
- Formal training in building maintenance or Operator B Certificate, an asset.
- Health and safety certification, an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Please ensure you fill in all information before sending your message
* Mandatory fields